Morning Øutput #33
Just a quickie this week. I'm coming to the end of NaNoBoozeMo. The dial is below the red line. The engine warning light is on. I went over a speedbump and something fell off. Not sure what it was.
- 44739 out of 50000 words written.
- 60000 out of 50000 metres ran (overshot that one).
- No booze (man I need a drink).
Some other stuff:
- Thinking about putting together several lists at the end of the year. 10 Best Film Discoveries, 10 Best Book Discoveries, etc. Just stuff that I've watched, read, heard, that I've really enjoyed.
- I'm happiest when I'm working on a project. Maybe you are too?
- There's so much stuff I'd love to do and I'm scared that I just won't get around to all of it. A quality problem, I guess.
- I wrote a short story for my patrons: The Friend I Lost In Blackberry Gap - #PROJECT12
Lots of films again this week.
This film is so of its time it hurts. Feels a little like Robot Wars Xtreme.
There's a lot to love about this film. The fact that it's just one long scene is both the best thing AND the worst thing about it. Lots of fun characters, great lines, and pure chaos.
American Werewolf in London
The Nazi werewolves, the undead brainstorming how to commit suicide, the stalking of the three-piece-suit at Tottenham Court tube station.
All good scenes, but for me, the massacre at Picadilly Circus was just sublime. Made all the better for the fact that I used to walk through there to get to work.
The Exorcist III
This one needs a rewatch at some point. I don't know if I properly processed it all.
Kong: Skull Island
Way better than I'd been led to believe. I had a right good time.
The Rose Weapon by F.C. Shultz --
A lovely little novel about family, honour, and firey beasts in the sky. Also, there's a mountain named after me... which I always felt was missing in other novels. Looking forward to the next one!
Brace for the Turing - My NaNo Playlist
This Bon Iver live performance. Still listening to this.