MORNING ØUTPUT #25
This won't be a standard issue of MØ.
We're now at the end of the quarter and I'm supposed to be taking a few days off to refresh. Also, it's Cat's birthday so I really shouldn't be doing anything other than making her cups of tea and twizzling my fluffy nipple tassels (a once-a-year outfit, I swear).
So just to keep it short and sweet, here's a list of the week that was:
- We just spent a fair bit of money on H&C stock for the upcoming conventions. Next one on the list is the Nottingham Comic Con on the 14th October. Want to come?
- Finances are really tight in our household. I'll be honest. It can get a little stressful. I was actually looking at whether or not I need to get a weekend job (on top of my full-time job, writing, etc), but thanks to my supporters over at Patreon, we're just about making it work.
- KEITH - I've been working on the opening title sequence and it's really coming along. I've been putting a few sneak peeks on my Instagram story. I'm kinda in love with making this film right now.
- Two more short stories down this week. One because I couldn't not write it and another purpose-built for an anthology submission.
- Also nailed a 5-mile run.
- Been exploring the countryside with Alaska. Definitely didn't slip and fall arse-over-nip into a big puddle of mud. Definitely didn't happen at all.
- We spoke to horror author, Kealan Patrick Burke, over on The Story Studio podcast.
By Bizarre Hands by Joe R. Lansdale -
Incredibly varied and amazingly brutal.
A great showcase for Joe's expansive story-pallette and full of horrific, weird, sweet, satirical, subversive, eye-popping, dog-fighting, zombie-battering, ... the list goes on.
Although some of the stories didn't quite vibe with me, the ones that did, did so in a BIG way.
Gerald's Game -
Pretty much nails the book. For better or worse. We're doing a HH on this soon.
Bubba Ho-Tep -
Bruce Campbell really kills it as a washed up, impotent, crippled Elvis Presley. The entire premise of this film is absolutely bonkers in the best way.
I have to admit to chortling. A couple of guffaws too. When Elvis and a black JFK (yeah they bleached his skin) were reading the toilet cubicle hieroglyphics, I giggled like a little goon.
The Good Place -
Cat popped this on the other day and said, "I think you'll like it."
We'll see about that, I thought with all the faith of a toilet-stain. We'll just see about tha-
Cut to five minutes later and I'm laughing at Ted Danson like a little fool. A few more hours and we're already halfway through the season and I think it's one of the most refreshingly unique shows I've seen in a while. Good junk-food fun.
So that's it for this week. I think I hear Cat beckoning for more tea.
"Dance, nipple-boy, dance!"
Yep. That's my queue.
With all the craziness happening in the world right now, remember to smile and look after the ones your care ab-
"I said dance!"
Okay gotta go, until next time,
Luke & Family.